The Azores | Terceira for Food & Wine Lovers
Explore Terceira Island's flavorful cuisine and rich, colorful history with this unique package!
Why we love this deal:
- Whet your appetite with these food experiences that will give you a taste of the Azores' history, culture, and culinary traditions:
- City Food Tour: Discover Terceira's rich flavors and history with this 3-hour walking food tour through the historical center of Angra do Heroísmo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site full of charm, culture and tasty traditions.
- Full Day Tour Around the Island: This full day tour will take you around the south, east, north and center parts of Terceira Island. Tour highlights include stops at Monte Brasil, Salga Bay, São Sebastião church, Serra do Cume viewpoint, Praia da Vitória, the ancient volcanic caves of Algar do Carvão, and the Wine Museum for a wine tasting experience. This tour also includes lunch at a traditional restaurant where you'll have the chance to try the beloved local dish of Alcatra de Carne (pot roast cooked slowly in a traditional clay pot.)
- Explore the ancient lava cave of Algar do Carvão, one of the very few volcanoes that welcome and encourages visitors;
- Burn off the extra calories with an invigorating hike or bike ride where you can appreciate the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira island's verdant valleys, stunning coastlines, flora and fauna, mountains, and lakes.
About the Destination
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. The Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities with charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by Terceira island. Classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Terceira's capital city of Angra do Heroísmo is dotted with historical buildings, colorful houses, restaurants, shops, and cafes that you'll love to discover. Head across the island to visit the seaside town of Praia da Vitória to take in the sights: a beautiful black sandy bay, picturesque cobblestone streets and the breathtaking Serra do Cume, one of the best views on the island.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.