The Azores | Award-Winning Terra Nostra Garden Hotel
Spend a week at the enchanting, award-winning Terra Nostra Garden Hotel with exclusive guest access to the onsite thermal baths!
Why we love this deal:
- This special package will take you to one the most special places in all of the Azores: the Terra Nostra Hotel at Furnas Village. This World Travel Awards prize winning hotel for Portugal's Leading Boutique Hotel is one well-kept secret that we want you to enjoy;
- Terra Nostra Hotel and Furnas are the best setting for a romantic vacation. The charming village of Furnas is a pleasure to stroll around. There are beautiful flowers everywhere and the locals are amicable and welcoming. Terra Nostra Park is one of the most beautiful parks in Portugal filled with exotic and endemic plants;
- This travel package saves you the stress of planning everything yourself. Pack your bags and don't forget the adventurous spirit;
- This travel package includes accommodation at the most awarded hotel on São Miguel Island, the Terra Nostra Garden Hotel, a 4-star superior category unit;
- Breakfast is included during your stay;
- You will have access to the thermal pools and garden of Terra Nostra Park for 24 hours;
- This travel package gives you the opportunity to enjoy a superior product in the Azores;
- The hotel's location, in Furnas, is ideal for those looking for truly romantic and relaxing moments.
About the Hotel:
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers .São Miguel Island is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, exotic plants, dormant volcanoes, hot springs, and surrounded by clean waters, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for adventure seekers and those looking for an off-the beaten path European destination.
Furnas is a mystical place on the island of São Miguel in the Azores. Located in an extinct volcano, Furnas valley is surrounded by lush mountains, colorful hydrangeas and exotic plants and flowers. It is home to the island's best volcanic activity spots, Caldeiras with its geysers, Furnas Lake with its fumaroles and thermal under-the-ground cooking, and Terra Nostra with relaxing natural hot springs. In fact, in the quaint town of Furnas there are several places where you can dip your feet into hot thermal water, soak in a warm pool of therapeutic waters or taste its variety of waters from the town's many fountains.
Fans of adventure sports will enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes or ocean, surfing the Atlantic waves or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island. Go hiking and explore the island's wonders on foot with the mighty Atlantic as the background. Discover hidden beaches and marvel at the many waterfalls around the island. If this isn't tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mud pots, and then enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring gazing at the stars.
Enjoy the island's quaint fishing villages, seaside restaurants and delicious seafood. Taste a superb meal cooked under the ground, the cozido, and the locally grown sweet pineapple. There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island. Take advantage of this great vacation package and have a great adventure!
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.