Whale watching: Half Day + Jeep safari to Sete Cidades (Half Day)
Date and Participants
We don't have availability for this experience.
About the Experience
Our whale watching adventure will start at 8:30am in our shop at Ponta Delgada harbor, where you will be able to check-in. Just before getting aboard, our biologists will do a quick briefing about what cetaceans you might see, the rules we will follow to respect the animals in their natural environment and some interesting historical facts.
After the briefing, let’s start this once-in-a-lifetime adventure! Our marine biologists and guides will stay alert for you and announce when they see something. All along the trip, they will give fascinating details about the species you will see. During the boat tour, everyone is required to wear a life vest on zodiacs, not on our catamaran.
Once the whale watching tour is over, we will have lunch in a local restaurant in Ponta Delgada. After lunch, we depart on our jeep adventure. This tour takes you around the rim of Sete Cidades caldera, where you can have an awesome view over the green and blue lakes. This is definitely one of the most beautiful places around São Miguel island, as it is part of Portugal’s Seven Wonders. On our way back to Ponta Delgada, we will stop in Ponta da Ferraria, where you will have the possibility to bathe in the natural thermal pool located in a volcanic fissure. Please note that the visit to Ferraria is always weather dependent. It is not safe to go there with strong waves and strong wind.
Type of tou: Full day - 7:30 hours
- Pre-tour briefing
- Raincoat and pants
- Life jacket
- Marine biologist or nature guide aboard
- Refreshment after the boat trip
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Nature guide
- Visit to Ferarria
- Drop off at the tourism office or your hotel
- Pick-up at your hotel
Meeting Point: store nº26 at Ponta Delgada Marina (Portas do Mar)
- High season (April 1st - October 31st): 9:00am for catamaran tours and 8:30am for zodiac tours.
- Low season (November 1st - March 31st): 8:30am. According to weather conditions and the number of passengers, the departure time is subject to changes. In this case, we will call to inform you of the change.
Portas do Mar – loja 26
9500-771 - Ponta Delgada
Activity provider policies
Changes to the reservation
- The company has the right to modify or cancel your reservation, whenever there are adverse weather conditions.
- The company has the right to modify or cancel your reservation, whenever the minimum number of participants is not met.
- The company will have access to the contact information of the hotel where the client is accommodated, whenever this information is available (to facilitate the contact).
- In case it wasn't possible to contact the client, the alterations will be communicated when the client reaches the company's headquarters.
- The company may contact the client up to 1 day before in order to communicate any eventual alterations.
- Cancelations free of charge 72 hours prior to the activity date. Any cancelations made after this date are non-refundable.