The Azores | Terceira Essential Bundle
We invite you to a fun vacation on Terceira Island!
Why we love this deal:
- This is the perfect opportunity to get to know an island full of typical Azorean heritage, Terceira Island;
- Terceira Island is a favorite among travelers who fly out of Boston to the Azores. Not only is it closer, but it is also a very unique island, where you can spend a full week, at least, without ever getting bored or running out of new things to do and see. There’s a reason why people say the Azores have ‘’eight islands and an amusement park’’, and guess which island they are calling the amusement park? Terceira Island, of course!
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. Simply pack your bags, and don't forget to bring your adventurous spirit;
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you wish, adding more nights to your stay, experiences, or a car rental to make your stay even more special.
We recommend booking airport transfers or reserving a rental car and adding an early check-in (available during the booking process). Take the day to explore your hotel and enjoy its facilities!
- Sé Cathedral
- Capitães-Generais Palace
- Garden Duque de Bragança
- Alto da Memória Viewpoint
- Misericórdia Church
- Angra do Heroísmo Archeological Underwater Park (book here your boat tour)
- Monte Brasil
- Duque de Bragança Farmers Market
- Silveira Natural Pools.
Book our Angra do Heroísmo City Tour here.
Visit the Biscoitos natural swimming pools and the Biscoitos Wine Museum. Next, move on to Praia da Vitória and don’t skip a nice walk on its calm-water beaches, along with the Facho Viewpoint and the Império da Caridade. We highly recommend that you head to Serra do Cume for sunset (it is even more magical at this time of the day).
Book here your Terceira Full-day Guided Tour.
Take this day as an opportunity to do something unique: get inside a volcano! Make sure you don’t skip a visit to Gruta do Natal, Furnas do Enxofre, and last but not least, the famous Algar do Carvão! Descend 90 m (300 ft) down into one of the only volcanoes in the world that you can actually enter and explore! Algar do Carvão is an ancient lava tube and volcanic chimney that was formed approximately 3,200 years ago, making it quite a sight to behold. For the ultimate geo-tourism itinerary make sure you don’t skip a visit to Gruta do Natal and Furnas do Enxofre.
Book here your Terceira Volcanoes Experience.
The Azores Islands are an epicurean delight for foodies. The archipelago’s many unique microclimates, abundant water supply, and volcanic nature of the islands make it possible to offer a large variety of delicious dishes. Based on a rich and hearty, peasant style of cooking, Azorean cuisine is so scrumptious, it will leave you asking for seconds.
The Azores are a world-class destination for adrenaline seekers and nature lovers alike, and the best way to truly discover all the hidden gems around the islands is by hiking. Whether you book an official Azores hiking tour with a knowledgeable local guide or decide to hit the trails for an adventure on your own, the Azores offer more than 60 hiking trails awaiting to welcome you, all of which have great conditions for walking safely.
About the Destination
Nearly 56,500 people call this beautiful island home. Terceira is the perfect Azores island for those seeking a relaxing but active vacation, with outdoor adventures galore never more than a 20-minute drive away. Besides its dozens of gorgeous natural swimming pools to dive in during the summer, Terceira Island also has plentiful choices for enjoying yourself during the winter.
The immensely rich culture of Terceira Island also makes a visit to the Azores an unforgettable experience. There is always some popular festivity going on in the streets of Terceira Island year-round, and with the locals being so welcoming and friendly, you can always feel free to join in the fun and revelry! You can also look forward to visiting local artisans' shops which will give you a more intimate and personal glimpse into the amazing Azores culture of this particular island. Azores Getaways has its own local tour guides on Terceira island, so you’ll be assured to be in the best company as you explore further into this unique Azorean world.