São Miguel | City Escape
Stay in a fabulous hotel in the heart of historic downtown Ponta Delgada!
This offer includes:
- Roundtrip flights to Ponta Delgada, São Miguel Island
- Accommodation at a 4-Star Downtown Ponta Delgada Hotel
- Daily breakfast
- All Taxes
Why we love this deal:
- Explore all that charming, historic Ponta Delgada has to offer just steps from your hotel: visit the bustling farmer's market, shop for unique pieces made by local artisans, and marvel at the beautiful European architecture around every corner
- Delight your tastebuds when you explore Ponta Delgada's burgeoning foodie scene! Discover tried and true regional favorites and creative new menu styles available at all the new restaurants popping up around the city
- Rent a car or book a sightseeing tour and venture out to explore the island with ease from your centrally located hotel
About the Destination
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. São Miguel Island is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, exotic plants, dormant volcanos, hot springs, and surrounded by clean waters, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for adventure seekers and those looking for an off-the-beaten-path European destination.
Fans of adventure sports will enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes or ocean, surfing the Atlantic waves or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island. Go hiking and explore the island's wonders on foot with the mighty Atlantic as the background. Discover hidden beaches and marvel at the many waterfalls around the island. If this isn't tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mud pots, and then enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring gazing at the stars.
Enjoy the island's quaint fishing villages, seaside restaurants, and delicious seafood. Taste a superb meal cooked under the ground, the cozido, and the locally grown sweet pineapple. There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island. Take advantage of this great vacation package and have a great adventure!
Check out our Azores Blog for more informations and tips.