The Azores | 5-Star Foodie Experience
Get a taste of the Azores while you stay at the modern & cosmopolitan Octant Ponta Delgada Hotel!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit;
- You’ll be staying at the 5-star and cosmopolitan Octant Ponta Delgada Hotel, located in Ponta Delgada main oceanfront avenue with breakfast included during your stay;
- Delight your taste buds with these unique tasting experiences around downtown Ponta Delgada:
- Azores for Foodies - Ponta Delgada Walking Tour: Explore downtown Ponta Delgada while getting a taste of the city's interesting history and unique food culture. Participants will enjoy a progressive menu, including a selection of local fruits, fresh breads, locally produced cheeses, fresh ﬁsh, and a variety of traditional meats, ending with a homemade dessert.
- Azorean Cheese & Wine Experience: Enjoying a cozy atmosphere, participants will get introduced to several delicious Azorean kinds of cheeses and wines, produced in different islands, and representative of the variety and quality of local cheese and wine-making traditions.
With more than 40 varieties of award-winning cheeses and centuries of wine-making experience, the Azores are an unknown gem for cheese and wine lovers!
- À TERRA Food and Wine Experience (Azor Hotel): Six-course menu created by À TERRA team with the best ingredients from the Azores, working closely with local suppliers and nature. A menu built according to nature’s cycles and its rhythm.
About the Hotel:
Situated on São Miguel Island, the Octant Hotel Ponta Delgada is a chic, vibrant, and cosmopolitan hotel with a strong connection to the sea and nature. Originally opened in May 2016, the Azor Hotel features 123 spectacular sea view rooms, the "Á Terra" restaurant, a lobby market, a cheese corner, and a rooftop outdoor pool and bar. The remarkable destination also boasts an on-site spa, gym, conference center, and casino with live entertainment. All Azor guests will enjoy the hotel's sleek, modern amenities, creature comforts, and world-class service. Inspired by São Miguel Island's natural beauty and adventurous spirit, the hotel ffers guests a wide range of outdoor activities, adventures, and local experiences to get out and experience the island.
About the Destination:
São Miguel Island, the largest of the Azores archipelago and its economic and administrative center, is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, exotic plants, dormant volcanoes, hot springs, and crystal clear ocean waters on all sides, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for nature lovers and those looking for an off-the-beaten-path European destination.
Explore the island and marvel at its natural beauty. Hike down into a dormant volcano and relax on the beach surrounded by stunning views of the crater lake and mountainous ridge. Visit the only tea plantation in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple. Discover the historical city of Ponta Delgada with its cobbled streets and black and white mosaic pavements.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.