The Azores | Furnas Thermal & Spa Escape
Relax, unwind, and get rejuvenated amid the stunning natural surroundings of São Miguel's Octant Furnas Hotel!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package saves you the stress of planning everything yourself. Simply pack your bags and don't forget to bring your adventurous spirit;
- This trip to the Azores includes a special rate for one of the most requested and charming hotels on the island of São Miguel, the Octant Furnas Hotel;
- Indulge in a hot basalt stone massage, a rejuvenating facial, or a luxurious body wrap in the on-site spa for a truly relaxing escape;
- This is an invitation to explore the mystical Furnas Valley, home to the island's best volcanic activity spots, to marvel at the bubbling caldeiras and geysers, to see Furnas Lake with its fumaroles and thermal underground cooking, and to experience Poça da Beija´s and Terra Nostra´s relaxing natural hot springs;
- Breakfast and parking are included during your stay;
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you wish, adding more nights to your stay, more experiences, or a car rental to make your trip even more special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, because we have taken care of everything for you.
We recommended renting a car (available during the booking process).
Take the day to stroll around Furnas and indulge in a thermal bath.
- Furnas Lake
- Caldeiras & Geysers
- Food: Cozido das Furnas and Bolos Lêvedos
- Flowing Spring Water
- Queijaria Furnense (delicious cheese with local sour water)
- Terra Nostra Park
- Poça da Dona Beija
- Pico do Ferro Viewpoint
- Furnas Golf Course
- The Drive to Ribeira Quente (While in Ribeira Quente, enjoy this little seaside fisherman's village and visit the beautiful Praia do Fogo, or stop into one of the handful of restaurants serving up delicious, fresh seafood)
- Ponta do Sossego Viewpoint
- Ponta da Madrugada Viewpoint
- Ponta do Arnel Lighthouse
- Ponta dos Barcos Viewpoint
- Ribeira dos Caldeirões Natural Park
- Poço Azul Hiking Trail
Book here your Nordeste Tour.
Take the day to stroll around Ponta Delgada’s city streets. Ponta Delgada, the main city, is not only the hub of the island but the capital of the Azores. Ponta Delgada evokes all the charms of Europe with cobbled streets, sidewalk cafes, and a thriving culinary scene. Or book here your Ponta Delgada City Tour.
Not to miss:
- Portas da Cidade
- Louvre Michaelense
- Pineapple Plantations
- Matriz Church
Visit Sete Cidades (Lagoa das Sete Cidades, Lagoa de Santiago, Lagoa do Canário and Boca do Inferno Viewpoint) and take this opportunity to visit the neighboring village of Mosteiros - ideal for sunset! Once you’re in the west part of the island you can also indulge in an ocean thermal bath at Ferraria.
Take the day for a hiking adventure
- Lagoa do Fogo
- Caldeira Velha Hot Springs
- Salto do Cabrito Waterfall
- Gorreana Tea Plantations
- Porto Formoso Tea Plantations
Book here your Lagoa do Fogo & Ribeira Grande tour
About the Hotel:
Octant Furnas Hotel Hotel is located in Furnas on São Miguel Island in the Azores, a place of breathtaking beauty where one finds the largest concentration of thermal waters in Europe. The perfect spot to unwind, leave the stress behind, and connect to nature, this modern hotel offers excellent service, superb cuisine, indoor and outdoor thermal pools, and a splendid spa, all in one magnificent location.
Inside the hotel, you will find "À Terra" restaurant, its menu inspired by local products created by Mother Nature. Don't forget to visit this warm and engaging place, where one is served with love and the food is prepared with both expertise and great passion. À Terra is a restaurant with homemade, delicious, and healthy food.
In addition to its delicious restaurant, the hotel also features a full-service spa. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and complimentary wireless Internet access.
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. São Miguel Island, is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, exotic plants, dormant volcanoes, hot springs, and surrounded by clean waters, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for adventure seekers and those looking for an off-the beaten path European destination.
Fans of adventure sports will enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes or ocean, surfing the Atlantic waves or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island. Go hiking and explore the island's wonders on foot with the mighty Atlantic as the background. Discover hidden beaches and marvel at the many waterfalls around the island. If this isn't tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mud pots, and then enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring gazing at the stars.
Enjoy the island's quaint fishing villages, seaside restaurants and delicious seafood. Taste a superb meal cooked under the ground, the cozido, and the locally grown sweet pineapple. There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island. Take advantage of this great vacation package and have a great adventure!
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.