The Azores | 4-Star Nature & Beach Resort
Enjoy the beauty of the South Coast of São Miguel Island in a resort by the beach!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package saves you the stress of planning everything by yourself. Simply pack your bags, and don't forget to bring your adventurous spirit;
- You will have the opportunity to stay at the Pestana Bahia Praia Nature & Beach Resort, a stunning 4-star hotel;
- The hotel is located directly opposite Água d'Alto Beach, which is one of the finest bathing areas on the island of São Miguel. Guests have direct access to the beach via the hotel;
- Breakfast is included during your stay;
- The Pestana Bahia Praia Nature & Beach Resort is 10 minutes away from Vila Franca do Campo, where you can visit the famous islet;
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you wish, adding more nights or additional experiences to your stay to make your trip even more special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, because we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Hotel:
Pestana Bahia Praia, a stunning 4-star hotel on Sao Miguel Island, offers guests direct access to Baia de Água d ´Alto Beach and an unrivaled view of the Atlantic blue. Offering visitors many amenities to enjoy while vacationing in the Azores, the hotel boasts an outdoor freshwater pool, two restaurants, and a bar. Tennis enthusiasts will enjoy playing a match or on the pair of onsite tennis courts, while kids can play in the games room, and everyone can soak up the beauty of the hotel´s large garden, complete with a charming 19th century chapel.
Both of the hotel's onsite restaurants feature delicious cuisine that gives a nod to both international and local, traditional fare. For those looking for night activities, relaxing in the bar, which often offers live music and entertainment, will be an ideal fix. There's a little something for everyone here.
About the Destination:
São Miguel is a great year-round destination, but when summertime comes, the island is especially exciting and beautiful. With its temperate maritime climate, the temperature in the summer hovers around 26 degrees Celsius, making it a very pleasant summer destination indeed. Soak up the sun at the many black sand beaches around the island, and take a dip in the temperate clean waters. Experience relaxing in natural lava swimming pools, literally swim in a hot spring in the ocean, and take a refreshing dip in one of the islands' many waterfalls. Whether you´re traveling solo or with your loved one or entire family, you will be surprised and very pleased by what the island has to offer.
Fans of adventure sports will also love the opportunity to go on a whale watching and swim with the dolphins excursion off the coast of the island, paddle out for a kayaking adventure, or go stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes. Also exciting options to add to your itinerary? Surfing or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island, taking a short boat-ride to Ilhéu de Vila Franca, a truly idyllic natural reserve, and going snorkeling in its crystal clear waters.
You can also marvel at the island's volcanic activity, visit its quaint villages, and enjoy the many spectacular panoramic views of the island. Want more ideas? Indulge in a delicious meal at a seaside restaurant, where you will indulge in the amazing taste of the local seafood with a glass of local wine. If this isn’t tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mud pots, and then enjoying a relaxing evening soak in a natural hot spring while gazing at the stars. For night owls, you will especially enjoy the nightlife of Ponta Delgada, with its lively outdoor bars and cafes.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.