Discover the beautiful islands of São Miguel and Terceira and experience world-class canyoning in the Azores
This offer includes:
- Round trip flights to the Azores
- Inter-island connections
- 6 nights of accommodation at your choice of 3- or 4-star hotels in São Miguel and Terceira
- 2 Full-Day Canyoning Excursions (with lunch included) at Ribeira dos Caldeirões and Salto do Cabrito in São Miguel
- 1 Half-Day Canyoning Excursion at Ribeira da Agualva in Terceira
Why we love this deal:
- Discover the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira Island’s verdant valleys, flowers, mountains, and lakes
- Explore the ancient lava cave of Algar do Carvão, one of the very few volcanoes that welcome and encourages visitors
- Discover São Miguel Island and fall in love with its breathtaking views, delicious regional cuisine, and friendly locals
- Head to one of the island's many gorgeous black sand beaches and visit the only tea plantation in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple
About the Destination
Travel to the beautiful islands of the Azores and experience world-class canyoning with our fantastic package deal that includes flight, hotel, and canyoning for a great price.
Blessed with unspoiled nature of luxuriant green forests filled with exotic flora, gorgeous waterfalls, crystal clear water pools, and amazing views, the Azores are one of Europe’s best canyoning destinations. Discover the spectacular islands of São Miguel and Terceira in an adventurous way. Experience nature at its best as you descend canyons, jump into natural pools, rappel down waterfalls and slide between rocks in magical surroundings. You will surely feel as if you were in a natural water park.
After so much adrenaline, take some time to relax and enjoy the many wonderful sights and experiences of São Miguel and Terceira.
On São Miguel, the green gem of the Atlantic, marvel at its exciting volcanic activity. Admire the extinct volcanos and crater lakes, soak in natural hot springs surrounded by lush vegetation, admire the power of the Earth at Calderas, and enjoy the unique cozido, thermally cooked under the ground in stunning Furnas. Indulge in a delicious meal at a seaside restaurant with gorgeous beach views. This and much more awaits you!
On Terceira, home to one of the archipelago's UNESCO World Heritage Sites, enjoy the island’s historical and beautiful architecture. Visit the stunning grottoes of Algar do Carvão, take a dip in one of the island's natural lava swimming pools and admire Terceira's fortress and castle. Be sure to try the tasty Alcatra of Terceira.
The beauty of São Miguel and Terceira islands coupled with excellent canyoning experiences in spectacular surroundings make for an unforgettable vacation.
Check out our Azores Blog for more informations and tips.
- The flights included are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
- Included baggage allowance varies by carrier. Please check what's included during the flight selection portion of your booking.
- Infants: If you're traveling with an infant under 2 years old, please contact us within 24 hours of booking your trip. (Cost per infant is $150.)
- Check-in time for most hotels is at 2:00pm; Check-out is typically at 12:00pm. Please verify the check-in/check-out times for your selected accommodation at time of booking.
- Breakfast may not be included in your hotel stay; Please verify your selected hotel's meal plan at the time of booking
- Airport transfers are not included in this offer; We recommend booking a rental car to get around
- Transfers and/or rent-a-cars can be added at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee
Please note that this promotional offer is nonrefundable.
Nonrefundable special price packages:
Once the payment is made, the reservation cannot be cancelled. No refund in case of cancellation or no-show. Any and all changes made to the reservation after the airplane tickets have been issued are subject to a penalty fee to be communicated at the time the alterations are requested.
All prices include airfare, fuel surcharges, airport taxes and fees. All prices are per person, based on double/twin occupancy. Single travelers must pay an extra fee.
Air & land tour prices apply from the gateway airport or city specified in the Package Highlights. Prices will vary from alternative gateway airports or cities and may be higher.
The total price will be clearly displayed prior to any deposit being required. Should the hotel mentioned in the deal not be available for the dates in question, the company will make the reservation for another hotel of the same category and let you know immediately of the change.
Important disclaimer information:
Tickets are nonrefundable, nontransferable and name changes are not allowed.
The amount to be charged by Azores Getaways does not include any fees or commissions that may be applied by the client's bank to process the payment(s).
The optional cost(s) of upgrades and add-ons for additional services (airline, rental car, or others) are at the discretion of the client to select during the booking process and are not included in the final package cost unless specifically stated in the description (eg: additional luggage, transfers, drivers, extra insurance, or other).
Clients are responsible for ensuring the correct entry of personal data of the passenger(s) when booking flights or they will be subject to additional fees for any corrections at the discretion of the airline.
Any additional tourist or municipal taxes imposed by each individual destination in a booking are not included and must be paid directly at the accommodation; Clients are strongly urged to research any possible applicable taxes prior to travel.
When you purchase your ticket, you agree to the following rules and restrictions:
NON-TRANSFERABILITY OF TICKET
Tickets issued via Azores Getaways are non-transferable and can only be used by the person whose name is indicated on the ticket. Valid proof of identity must be presented whenever required upon check-in. If it is found that the person presenting the ticket is not the same person named as passenger in the ticket or if such person is unable to satisfactorily prove that he/she is the same person named in the ticket, then the Carrier shall refuse carriage to such person and reserves the right to retain and confiscate the ticket so presented.
NON-REFUNDABILITY OF TICKET
Please assume that the fare is non-refundable and any change or cancellation will result in full forfeiture of the value of the ticket with no refund or credit available. Rules and restrictions as imposed by the airline(s) will be applicable to your fare should you need to change or cancel your flight(s).
Azores Getaways issues airfare in partnership with affiliate airlines via their departing cities only. Azores Getaways does not provide through-ticket or connecting flight services, and as such, can not be held responsible for connecting flight delays or cancellations that are issued through unaffiliated providers. Customers are responsible for any fees or additional charges that may be incurred as a result of a missed or changed flight. Azores Getaways has no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or other such causes, and holds no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
TRAVEL & BOOKING RECOMMENDATIONS:
When booking your itinerary, be sure to arrange connections with a sufficient window of time between flights to allow for any cancellations or delays due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. For customers who require a connecting flight to reach one of Azores Getaways' departing cities, we recommend booking flights with a layover of at least 6 hours between connections.
The passenger is required to arrive at Carrier's check-in location sufficiently in advance of the indicated flight departure time to permit completion of any government formalities and departure procedures and in any event not later than the time that maybe indicated by the Carrier. If the passenger fails to arrive on time at Carrier's check-in counter or boarding gate (even if the passenger has already checked-in for the flight), Carrier may cancel the space reserved for the passenger. Carrier is not liable to the passenger for loss or expense due to the passenger's failure to comply with these provisions.
Get to the airport as early as possible to allow time for check-in, baggage check and security. Some airports require a longer minimum check-in time before scheduled departure, depending on your trip. If you’re traveling on another airline, their check-in times apply.
Recommended Arrival Times:
- Intercontinental Flights: 3 Hours prior to departure
- International (Short/Medium Distance Travel): 2 Hours prior to departure
- Adult passengers 18 and over must show valid identification at the airport checkpoint in order to travel. Passport required for international flights.
- TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. Contact the airline for questions regarding specific ID requirements for travelers under 18.
- For more detailed information and tips, please refer to this helpful Traveler's Checklist provided by the U.S. Government - Department of State.