Cultural Tours: Explore Terceira's Culture & Heritage
Date and Participants
We don't have availability for this experience.
About the Experience
- Visit a local embroidery shop to learn about the history of hand embroidery in the Azores, a tradition and craft industry that started as far back as the 18th century
- Learn how the beautiful pottery and ceramics of the Azores are made, see the making of a clay Alcatra pot in action, and watch a local artist design and paint beautiful Portuguese tiles
- Visit local dairy producers to learn about how all the delicious cheese, yogurt and ice creams are made on the island -- traditions you can taste for yourself!
- Stop into a few local museums to see and learn about how the locals lived on Terceira centuries ago
- Downtown Angra do Heroísmo
- São Mateus
- São Bartolomeu
- Cinco Ribeiras.
- Santa Bárbara
- Doze Ribeiras
- Duration: Approx. 4 hours (2:00pm - 6:00pm)
- Pick up & drop off is included for hotels in Angra do Heroísmo; Pick up time will vary between 2:00-2:30 pm, and drop off will be provided at the conclusion of the tour
- Tours will be limited to small groups and will include 7 stops with cheese and ice cream tasting, a personal guide, insurance, and all associated entrance fees
- Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided at some of the stops; Alcoholic drinks and other food are not included
This experience can only be canceled free of charge 72 hours prior to the activity date. Any cancellations made after this date are non-refundable.
Pick-up: Included in the hotels on the city center of Angra do Heroísmo. Clients from Zenite Boutique Hotel, please await pick up at the bus stop, at the beginning of the main street.
Activity provider policies
- The tours can change or be canceled depending on weather conditions.
- This experience can only be canceled free of charge 72 hours prior to the activity date. Any cancelations made after this date are non-refundable