The Azores | Award-Winning Terra Nostra Garden Hotel
Spend a week at the enchanting, award-winning Terra Nostra Garden Hotel with exclusive guest access to the onsite thermal baths!
Why we love this deal:
- This special package will take you to one the most special places in all of the Azores: the Terra Nostra Hotel at Furnas Village. This World Travel Awards prize winning hotel for Portugal's Leading Boutique Hotel is one well-kept secret that we want you to enjoy;
- Terra Nostra Hotel and Furnas are the best setting for a romantic vacation. The charming village of Furnas is a pleasure to stroll around. There are beautiful flowers everywhere and the locals are amicable and welcoming. Terra Nostra Park is one of the most beautiful parks in Portugal filled with exotic and endemic plants;
- This travel package saves you the stress of planning everything yourself. Pack your bags and don't forget the adventurous spirit;
- This travel package includes accommodation at the most awarded hotel on São Miguel Island, the Terra Nostra Garden Hotel, a 4-star superior category unit;
- Breakfast is included during your stay;
- You will have access to the thermal pools and garden of Terra Nostra Park for 24 hours;
- This travel package gives you the opportunity to enjoy a superior product in the Azores;
- The hotel's location, in Furnas, is ideal for those looking for truly romantic and relaxing moments;
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you wish, adding more nights' stay, experiences or car rental, to make your stay even more special;
- You won't have to worry about a thing, because we take care of everything for you.
Transfer to the hotel in Furnas.
Take the day to stroll around Furnas and indulge in a thermal bath.
- Furnas Lake
- Caldeiras & Geysers
- Food: Cozido das Furnas and Bolos Lêvedos
- Flowing Spring Water
- Queijaria Furnense (delicious cheese with local sour water)
- Terra Nostra Park
- Poça da Dona Beija
- Pico do Ferro Viewpoint
- Furnas Golf Course
- The Drive to Ribeira Quente (While in Ribeira Quente, enjoy this little seaside fisherman's village and visit the beautiful Praia do Fogo, or stop into one of the handful of restaurants serving up delicious, fresh seafood)
- Ponta do Sossego Viewpoint
- Ponta da Madrugada Viewpoint
- Ponta do Arnel Lighthouse
- Ponta dos Barcos Viewpoint
- Ribeira dos Caldeirões Natural Park
- Poço Azul Hiking Trail
Book here your Nordeste Tour.
Take the day to stroll around Ponta Delgada’s city streets. Ponta Delgada, the main city, is not only the hub of the island but the capital of the Azores. Ponta Delgada evokes all the charms of Europe with cobbled streets, sidewalk cafes, and a thriving culinary scene. Or book here your Ponta Delgada City Tour.
Not to miss:
- Portas da Cidade
- Louvre Michaelense
- Pineapple Plantations
- Matriz Church
Visit Sete Cidades (Lagoa das Sete Cidades, Lagoa de Santiago, Lagoa do Canário and Boca do Inferno Viewpoint) and take this opportunity to visit the neighboring village of Mosteiros - ideal for sunset! Once you’re in the west part of the island you can also indulge in an ocean thermal bath at Ferraria.
Take the day for a hiking adventure
- Lagoa do Fogo
- Caldeira Velha Hot Springs
- Salto do Cabrito Waterfall
- Gorreana Tea Plantations
- Porto Formoso Tea Plantations
Book here your Lagoa do Fogo & Ribeira Grande tour
About the Hotel:
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers .São Miguel Island is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, exotic plants, dormant volcanoes, hot springs, and surrounded by clean waters, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for adventure seekers and those looking for an off-the beaten path European destination.
Furnas is a mystical place on the island of São Miguel in the Azores. Located in an extinct volcano, Furnas valley is surrounded by lush mountains, colorful hydrangeas and exotic plants and flowers. It is home to the island's best volcanic activity spots, Caldeiras with its geysers, Furnas Lake with its fumaroles and thermal under-the-ground cooking, and Terra Nostra with relaxing natural hot springs. In fact, in the quaint town of Furnas there are several places where you can dip your feet into hot thermal water, soak in a warm pool of therapeutic waters or taste its variety of waters from the town's many fountains.
Fans of adventure sports will enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes or ocean, surfing the Atlantic waves or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island. Go hiking and explore the island's wonders on foot with the mighty Atlantic as the background. Discover hidden beaches and marvel at the many waterfalls around the island. If this isn't tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mud pots, and then enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring gazing at the stars.
Enjoy the island's quaint fishing villages, seaside restaurants and delicious seafood. Taste a superb meal cooked under the ground, the cozido, and the locally grown sweet pineapple. There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island. Take advantage of this great vacation package and have a great adventure!
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.