The Azores | Summerish Sunset Experience
End the day with an unforgettable sunset boat tour of Monte Brasil and Angra do Heroísmo!
Why we love this deal:
- This is the perfect opportunity to get to know an island full of typical Azorean heritage, Terceira Island;
- Terceira Island is a favorite among travelers who fly out of Boston to the Azores. Not only is it closer, but it is also a very unique island, where you can spend a full week, at least, without ever getting bored or running out of new things to do and see. There’s a reason why people say the Azores have ‘’eight islands and an amusement park’’, and guess which island they are calling the amusement park? Terceira Island, of course!
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. Simply pack your bags, and don't forget to bring your adventurous spirit;
- Monte Brasil Sunset Tour: this tour starts as we head out to west with a stunning view of Terceira Island. During the tour we follow an inshore route, passing by the Fortress located in the protected area of Monte Brasil and showing the variety of volcanic structures that form the cliffs of the Island shoreline. Ending with a nightfall view of Angra do Heroísmo, classified World Heritage City by UNESCO.
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you wish, adding more nights to your stay, experiences, or a car rental to make your stay even more special.
- Pick up and drop off to the boat tour experience is not included.
About the Destination
Nearly 56,500 people call this beautiful island home. Terceira is the perfect Azores island for those seeking a relaxing but active vacation, with outdoor adventures galore never more than a 20-minute drive away. Besides its dozens of gorgeous natural swimming pools to dive in during the summer, Terceira Island also has plentiful choices for enjoying yourself during the winter. Terceira Island is also home to the Azores’ most iconic patchwork landscapes -- gorgeous scenery reminiscent of the Irish and Icelandic countrysides -- and to one of the only lava tubes in the world that you can actually visit and see up-close and personal. Terceira Island is also home to the only official UNESCO city in the Azores Islands, Angra do Heroísmo! This charming city is the most picturesque and beautiful one in all of the Azores. Other famous sights that are must-sees in Terceira Island are Monte Brasil, Serra do Cume, and Lagoa das Patas, just to name a few. But there are so many more you won’t want to miss!