Discover Terceira's unique heritage and colorful history with this cultural package, including flights & accommodations!
This offer includes:
- Round trip flights from Boston to the Azores
- Accommodation at your choice of 4-star hotel
- Daily breakfast
- A fabulous cultural tour that you won't find anywhere else
Why we love this deal:
- Immerse yourself in the authentic culinary and cultural traditions of the Azores with these intimate, specially curated tours and experiences:
- Angra do Heroísmo City Walking Tour: Get to know downtown of Angra do Heroismo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1983, on this walking tour with a professional local guide. This tour will take you around to all the city's significant historical sites, with a few sweet surprises along the way.
- Burn off the extra calories with an invigorating hike or bike ride where you can appreciate the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira island's verdant valleys, stunning coastlines, flora and fauna, mountains, and lakes
- Explore the ancient lava cave of Algar do Carvão, one of the very few volcanoes that welcome and encourages visitors
- Pay only $100 per person to pre-reserve your seat!
- The remaining portion of the purchase amount will be charged 45 days prior to the departure date. Until then, you will be able to cancel and get the $100 back, no questions asked.
- After you pay the full amount of the package, if you’re not able to travel due to the pandemic, we will issue a voucher with a travel credit that you can use in any of our brands.
About the Destination
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities with charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by Terceira island. Classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Terceira's capital city of Angra do Heroísmo is dotted by historical buildings, colorful houses, restaurants, shops, and cafes that you'll love to discover. Head across the island to visit the seaside town of Praia da Vitória to take in the sights: a beautiful black sandy bay, picturesque cobblestone streets and the breathtaking Serra do Cume, one of the best views on the island.
Check out our Azores Blog for more informations and tips.
- The flights included are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
- Included baggage allowance varies by carrier. Please check what's included during the flight selection portion of your booking.
- Infants: If you're traveling with an infant under 2 years old, please contact us within 24 hours of booking your trip. (Cost per infant is $150.)
- For customers who require a connecting flight to reach one of Azores Getaways' departing cities, we recommend booking flights closer to your departure date with a layover of at least 6 hours between connections.
- Check-in time for most hotels is at 2:00pm; Check-out is typically at 12:00pm. Please verify the check-in/check-out times for your selected accommodation at time of booking.
- Hotels located in Angra do Heroísmo are about 20 km / 20 min. from Lajes Airport in Terceira
- Airport transfers are not included in this offer
- Rent-a-cars can be added at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee
You have pre-reserved your seat for $100 per person. If you are unable to travel on the scheduled date for any reason, you can have your $100 back at no extra cost. Cancellation of your pre-sale reservation must be made up to 45 days prior to your original departure date. The total value of the package will be charged in full 45 days prior to your original departure date. After you pay the full amount of the package, if you’re not able to travel due to the pandemic, we will issue a voucher with a travel credit that you can use in any of our brands.
Important disclaimer information:
Azores Getaways offers free cancellations for this travel package. Cancellations must be made 45 days before the original date of departure.
Azores Getaways allows one time free of charge change-name up to 45 days prior to the original departure date.
The amount to be charged by Azores Getaways does not include any fees or commissions that may be applied by the client's bank to process the payment(s).
The optional cost(s) of upgrades and add-ons for additional services (airline, rental car, or others) are at the discretion of the client to select during the booking process and are not included in the final package cost unless specifically stated in the description (eg: additional luggage, transfers, drivers, extra insurance, or other).
Clients are responsible for ensuring the correct entry of personal data of the passenger(s) when booking flights or they will be subject to additional fees for any corrections at the discretion of the airline.
Any additional tourist or municipal taxes imposed by each individual destination in a booking are not included and must be paid directly at the accommodation; Clients are strongly urged to research any possible applicable taxes prior to travel.
When you purchase your ticket, you agree to the following rules and restrictions:
REFUNDABILITY OF TICKET
Azores Getaways offers free cancellations for this travel package. Cancellations must be made 45 days prior to the original departure date. After the deadline, the ticket will result in full forfeiture of the value of the ticket with no refund or credit available. Rules and restrictions as imposed by the airline(s) will be applicable to your fare should you need to change or cancel your flight(s).
Azores Getaways issues airfare in partnership with affiliate airlines via their departing cities only. Azores Getaways does not provide through-ticket or connecting flight services, and as such, can not be held responsible for connecting flight delays or cancellations that are issued through unaffiliated providers. Customers are responsible for any fees or additional charges that may be incurred as a result of a missed or changed flight. Azores Getaways has no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or other such causes, and holds no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
TRANSFERABILITY OF TICKET
Tickets issued via Azores Getaways can be transferable. Azores Getaways allows one time free of charge transferability of tickets up to 45 days prior to the original departure date. After the deadline, the tickets are non-transferable and can only be used by the person whose name is indicated on the ticket. Valid proof of identity must be presented whenever required upon check-in. If it is found that the person presenting the ticket is not the same person named as the passenger in the ticket or if such person is unable to satisfactorily prove that he/she is the same person named in the ticket, then the Carrier shall refuse carriage to such person and reserves the right to retain and confiscate the ticket so presented.
TRAVEL & BOOKING RECOMMENDATIONS:
When booking your itinerary, be sure to arrange connections with a sufficient window of time between flights to allow for any cancellations or delays due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
For customers who require a connecting flight to reach one of Azores Getaways' departing cities, we recommend booking flights closer to your departure date with a layover of at least 6 hours between connections.
The passenger is required to arrive at Carrier's check-in location sufficiently in advance of the indicated flight departure time to permit completion of any government formalities and departure procedures and in any event not later than the time that may be indicated by the Carrier. If the passenger fails to arrive on time at Carrier's check-in counter or boarding gate (even if the passenger has already checked-in for the flight), Carrier may cancel the space reserved for the passenger. Carrier is not liable to the passenger for loss or expense due to the passenger's failure to comply with these provisions.
Get to the airport as early as possible to allow time for check-in, baggage check, and security. Some airports require a longer minimum check-in time before scheduled departure, depending on your trip. If you’re traveling on another airline, their check-in times apply.
Recommended Arrival Times:
- Intercontinental Flights: 3 Hours before departure
- International (Short/Medium Distance Travel): 2 Hours before departure
- Adult passengers 18 and over must show valid identification at the airport checkpoint to travel. Passport required for international flights.
- TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. Contact the airline for questions regarding specific ID requirements for travelers under 18.
- For more detailed information and tips, please refer to this helpful Traveler's Checklist provided by the U.S. Government - Department of State.