Pico | Honeymoon in a Luxury Nature Retreat
Your unforgettable honeymoon in the renowned tourist village Lava Homes, a modern retreat amid the simplicity of Azorean nature!
Why Pico Island for your honeymoon?
- This is an invitation to an unforgettable honeymoon in the heart of the tranquil, calm, and pristine surroundings of Pico Island.
- The Azores are just a hop, skip, and jump from Mainland Europe and the East Coast of the U.S., making these islands an ideal honeymoon destination.
- Enjoy an exciting locale that is still under the radar as you explore the yet to be discovered nooks and crannies of Pico Island, taste the local wine, venture into the Pico Mountains, and revel in every romantic moment in-between.
- Pico's patchwork-like vineyard landscape is a UNESCO Heritage Site, proof of the resilience and ingenuity of the island people in the face of seemingly infertile land. Pico’s past will inspire you, as will the clear love that the friendly, local Picarotos have for their homeland.
- Pico Island is known for its remarkable pattern of stone-walled vineyards (currais) which paint its stunning green landscape, its rocky lava shores, and for its towering Pico Mountain (the tallest peak in all of Portugal).
- Wander around Criação Velha, a well-preserved wine producing area, and marvel at the vineyard landscape and culture as you sip local wines and admire the construction of typical black basalt rock houses.
- Descend into Gruta das Torres, one of the world's longest lava tubes, ascend to the top of Pico Mountain, or simply admire its grandeur from different spots on the island.
- Go hiking or whale-watching, swim in natural swimming pools, and admire the island's spectacular coastal setting.
Why Lava Homes?
- Enjoy all the comforts of home when you stay in one of the charming, modern bungalows of Pico's brand new Lava Homes "village", nestled in a quiet corner of the island's North Coast and offering stunning ocean views.
- Indulge in a private getaway for just the two of you in this small luxury tourist village with unique features that are sure to make your stay extra special.
- Set in an environment that values sustainability and nature conservation, this tourist village offers dream units with superb and unforgettable views.
Why this special honeymoon deal?
- This travel package is a suggestion of what your honeymoon could be, and one that has taken all the decision-making and hassle out of the equation for you, leaving you to simply sit back and enjoy an all-inclusive post-wedding getaway.
Check our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.
Read about the rules and requirements to enter the Azores due to the Covid-19 pandemic.