The Azores | Furnas & Ponta Delgada
Split your stay in São Miguel Island between two incredible hotels!
Why we love this deal:
- Built to guarantee you don't miss two of the most iconic locations São Miguel Island has to offer, and coupled with handpicked hotels loved and vouched by all our staff (and clients!), this deal is quickly becoming one of our favorites!
- You will have the opportunity to stay in two premium hotels - the Octant Ponta Delgada hotel, and in Furnas, at the Octant Furnas Hotel;
- This is an excellent opportunity to enjoy the best of São Miguel island;
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. Pack your bags and don't forget the adventurous spirit;
- Breakfast is included during your stay in both accommodations;
- This travel package already includes car rental, so you have all the freedom of movement you need to get to know this fantastic island;
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you wish, adding more nights' stay, experiences or car rental, to make your stay even more special;
- You won't have to worry about a thing, because we have taken care of everything for you.
Arrival in São Miguel Island. Pick up your car at the airport and drive to Furnas. It is recommended to book an early check-in (available during the booking process).
Take the day to stroll around Furnas and indulge in a thermal bath. Highlights:
- Furnas Lake
- Caldeiras & Geysers
- Food: Cozido das Furnas and Bolos Lêvedos
- Flowing Spring Water
- Queijaria Furnense (delicious cheese with local sour water)
- Terra Nostra Park
- Poça da Dona Beija
- Pico do Ferro Viewpoint
- Furnas Golf Course
- The Drive to Ribeira Quente (While in Ribeira Quente, enjoy this little seaside fisherman's village and visit the beautiful Praia do Fogo, or stop into one of the handful of restaurants serving up delicious, fresh seafood)
- Ponta do Sossego Viewpoint
- Ponta da Madrugada Viewpoint
- Ponta do Arnel Lighthouse
- Ponta dos Barcos Viewpoint
- Ribeira dos Caldeirões Natural Park
- Poço Azul Hiking Trail
Take the afternoon to stroll around Ponta Delgada’s city streets. Ponta Delgada, the main city, is not only the hub of the island but the capital of the Azores. Ponta Delgada evokes all the charms of Europe with cobbled streets, sidewalk cafes, and a thriving culinary scene. Or book here your Ponta Delgada City Tour.
Not to miss:
- Portas da Cidade
- Louvre Michaelense
- Pineapple Plantations
- Matriz Church
Visit Sete Cidades (Lagoa das Sete Cidades, Lagoa de Santiago, Lagoa do Canário and Boca do Inferno Viewpoint) and take this opportunity to visit the neighboring village of Mosteiros - ideal for sunset! Once you’re in the west part of the island you can also indulge in an ocean thermal bath at Ferraria.
Drive to Ribeira Grande. Highlights:
- Lagoa do Fogo
- Caldeira Velha Hot Springs
- Salto do Cabrito Waterfall
- Gorreana Tea Plantations
- Porto Formoso Tea Plantations
About the Hotels:
Octant Ponta Delgada Hotel
Situated on São Miguel Island, the Octant Ponta Delgada hotel is a chic, vibrant, and cosmopolitan hotel with a strong connection to the sea and nature. Originally opened in May 2016, as the Azor Hotel, it features 123 spectacular sea-view rooms, the "Á Terra" restaurant, a lobby market, a cheese corner, and a rooftop outdoor pool and bar. The remarkable destination also boasts an on-site spa, gym, conference center, and casino with live entertainment. All guests will enjoy the hotel's sleek, modern amenities, creature comforts, and world-class service. Inspired by São Miguel Island's natural beauty and adventurous spirit, the hotel offers guests a wide range of outdoor activities, adventures, and local experiences to get out and experience the island.
Octant Furnas Hotel
Octant Furnas Hotel is located in Furnas on São Miguel Island in the Azores, a place of breathtaking beauty where one finds the largest concentration of thermal waters in Europe. The perfect spot to unwind, leave the stress behind, and connect to nature, this modern hotel offers excellent service, superb cuisine, indoor and outdoor thermal pools, and a splendid spa, all in one magnificent location. Inside the hotel, you will find "À Terra" restaurant, its menu inspired by local products created by Mother Nature. Don't forget to visit this warm and engaging place, where one is served with love and the food is prepared with both expertise and great passion. À Terra is a restaurant with homemade, delicious, and healthy food. In addition to its delicious restaurant, Octant Furnas Hotel also features a full-service spa. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and complimentary wireless Internet access.
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before.São Miguel Island, is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, sunny black sand beaches, crystal clear ocean waters, exotic plants, dormant volcanos, and hot springs, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for nature lovers, beach bums, or those looking for an off-the beaten path European summer destination.
Fans of adventure sports will enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes or ocean, surfing the Atlantic waves or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island. If this isn't tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mud pots, and then enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring gazing at the stars.
Enjoy the island's quaint fishing villages, seaside restaurants and delicious seafood. Taste a superb meal cooked under the ground, the cozido.
There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island. Take advantage of this great vacation package and visit a truly magical place.
To make sure you have a great time, here are our staff's top suggestions in each location
- In Furnas make sure you:
- Discover how the famous cozido is cooked (underground with the heat from the active volcano) and taste it
- Visit the Geothermal steam holes (where the cozido is cooked!)
- Explore the beautiful Terra Nostra Garden
- Relax in the natural thermal pools at the Poça Dona Beja
- In downtown Ponta Delgada try to:
- Discover the historical city of Ponta Delgada with its cobbled streets and black and white mosaic pavements
- Check the local farmers' market (Mercado da Graça) and taste the local produce
- Visit the Pineapple Plantation in Fajã de Baixo
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.