The Azores | Premium Food Experience
Spend a week exploring the culture & cuisine of the Azores on this exclusive food, wine & cooking tour in São Miguel!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit;
- Let us show you our slice of paradise through food! Immerse yourself in the authentic culinary traditions of the Azores with these intimate, specially curated tours and experiences:
- Market Tour & Cooking Class: Meet our local chef at Ponta Delgada's bustling farmer's market where you will shop and learn about the ingredients you'll be using to prepare your meal before heading to the chef's private home for your cooking lesson, a tour of the property and garden, and an authentically Azorean home-cooked meal
- Farm to Table Tasting Experience: Be treated to a specially prepared 6-course tasting menu featuring an array of seasonal local flavors and freshly picked ingredients paired with wines from the owner’s family vineyards in mainland Portugal
- Cook Your Own Cozido (in a Volcano!): With this unique cooking class, you'll learn how to prepare the famous "cozido", a traditional Azorean stew cooked in the underground steam of volcanic vents! Our local chef will teach you about the ingredients used for this delicious, hearty stew and you will see how it is cooked underground in Furnas for 6 hours!
- Ponta Delgada Food Tour: Discover some of the best food in Portugal on this 3-hour culinary walking tour through Ponta Delgada. Sample unique and delicious foods, while learning about the local traditions, culture, flavors and traditional foods as you walk through charming cobblestone streets.
- You can customize your travel itinerary according to your preferences. Options include: adding additional nights to your stay or some other experience to make your itinerary even more unique and special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, as we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Destination:
Visitors to São Miguel can also look forward to getting a glimpse at some of the Azores’ most iconic viewpoints and famed crater lakes, including the popular tourist destinations of Sete Cidades, Lagoa do Fogo, and Furnas Lake located in the iconic village of Furnas. São Miguel is also a geothermal hot spot, giving you something else to look forward to experiencing, especially on your visit to Furnas Valley. Also among the exciting things you can expect to find on this idyllic island? Warm water to swim in year-round, particularly in one of the natural spas and hot springs found inland, or tucked along the island’s stunning, volcanic rocky coast.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.