Flexible | The Azores | São Miguel Basic Bundle
The experience of a lifetime awaits in the Portuguese islands of The Azores!
Why we love this deal:
- Hike down a dormant volcano and relax on the beach surrounding its lake and explore the surrounding waters on a whale watching adventure
- Visit the only tea plantations in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple
- Get a walking tour of the capital city, Ponta Delgada, and get to know all of its interesting history and architecture
- You are allowed to change your original departure dates without change fees, once.
- Changes must be made up to 45 days before your original departure date;
- Applicable fare difference, if any;
- New dates allowed within the validity of the ticket,
About the Destination
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. São Miguel Island is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, exotic plants, dormant volcanos, hot springs, and surrounded by clean waters, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for adventure seekers and those looking for an off-the-beaten-path European destination.
Fans of adventure sports will enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes or ocean, surfing the Atlantic waves or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island. Go hiking and explore the island's wonders on foot with the mighty Atlantic as the background. Discover hidden beaches and marvel at the many waterfalls around the island. If this isn't tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mud pots, and then enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring gazing at the stars.
Enjoy the island's quaint fishing villages, seaside restaurants, and delicious seafood. Taste a superb meal cooked under the ground, the cozido, and the locally grown sweet pineapple. There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island. Take advantage of this great vacation package and have a great adventure!
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.
Check out this article to know the rules & requirements to enter the Azores.