The Azores | Experience Terceira
Escape to Europe's hidden paradise for a fun-filled getaway!
Adventures to Look Forward to:
- This special package includes a fun-filled tour with select experiences, perfect for first-time visitors:
- This full-day tour will take you around the south, east, north, and center parts of Terceira Island. Tour highlights include stops at Monte Brasil, Salga Bay, São Sebastião church, Serra do Cume viewpoint, Praia da Vitória, the ancient volcanic caves of Algar do Carvão and the Wine Museum.
- This tour also includes lunch at a traditional restaurant where you'll have the chance to try the beloved local dish of Alcatra de Carne (pot roast cooked slowly in a traditional clay pot).
- Lounge on the volcanic black sand beaches of Praia da Vitória and head offshore for an afternoon of whale watching in the Azores' crystal clear waters.
- Discover the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira island's verdant valleys, flowers, mountains, and lakes.
- Explore the ancient lava cave of Algar do Carvão, one of the very few volcanoes that welcome and encourage visitors.
- Taste local delicacies like alcatra, Queijo Vaquinha and Dona Amélia dessert.
About the Destination
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities with charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by Terceira island. Classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Terceira's capital city of Angra do Heroísmo is dotted by historical buildings, colorful houses, restaurants, shops, and cafes that you'll love to discover. Head across the island to visit the seaside town of Praia da Vitória to take in the sights: a beautiful black sandy bay, picturesque cobblestone streets and the breathtaking Serra do Cume, one of the best views on the island.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.