The Azores | Experience Terceira
Not only does it offer access to unique islands with spectacular scenery but also provides amazing experiences like whale watching or visiting some charming cities!
Why we love this deal:
- This incredible deal to Terceira Island in the Azores is perfect for those looking for a fun and fulfilling adventure.
- Full-day Tour Around the Island with Traditional Lunch: Begin your journey by making a stop at Monte Brasil, followed by visiting the Serretinha Viewpoint. Appreciate sweeping views over Praia da Vitória and then head up to the top of the stunning Serra do Cume. Afterward, marvel at São Sebastião Church before descending into one-of-a-kind Algar do Carvão.
- Angra do Heroiísmo City Walking Tour: Experience the magnificent beauty of Angra do Heroismo, a World Heritage city since 1983. Enjoy an informative walking tour with a local guide and discover historical landmarks like Sé Catedral de Angra do Heroísmo, Teatro Angrense, Palácio dos Capitães-Generais and more! Take in views of ornate gardens at Jardim Duque da Terceira (Public Garden) or admire the antique architecture from centuries past at Igreja da Misericórdia.
- Whale & Dolphin Watching Excursion: Located in the Atlantic Ocean between Portugal and North America, the Azores are a permanent home and natural point of passage to more than 20 different types of whale and dolphin species, making the islands one of the world’s largest whale sanctuaries.
- On top of all these amazing tours included in this package, there are also many other activities that can be enjoyed while visiting Terceira Island such as hiking trails, beaches, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing trips, historical tours, and more.
- Customizable: Add more nights to your stay, a rental car or even local excursions.
We recommend renting a car (available during the booking process).
Suggestion for the day:
- Take the day to explore your hotel and enjoy its facilities!
This full day tour will take you around the south, east, north and center parts of Terceira Island. Tour highlights include stops at Monte Brasil, Salga Bay, São Sebastião church, Serra do Cume viewpoint, Praia da Vitória, the ancient volcanic caves of Algar do Carvão, and the village of Biscoitos. This tour also includes lunch at a traditional restaurant.
- Monte Brasil
- Serretinha Viewpoint
- Praia da Vitória city
- Serra do Cume
- São Sebastião Church
- Algar do Carvão Lava Cave
- Furnas do Enxofre
- Wine Museum
Discover and explore downtown Angra do Heroismo, an UNESCO World Heritage city since 1983, on this walking tour with a professional local guide.
- Sé Catedral de Angra do Heroísmo
- Teatro Angrense
- Palácio dos Capitães-Generais
- Jardim Duque da Terceira (Public Garden)
- Igreja da Misericórdia
Considered a World Class Whale Watching Area, in the Azores you can find around 27 species of whales and dolphins throughout the year.
After a short briefing provided by a marine biologist, about what you can expect from the tour and safety procedures, our experienced crew welcomes you aboard. The Vigia, land base spotter, will search for these marine mammals and guide the boat to the area.
On board, information about the species sighted and other curiosities will be shared, because seeing whales and dolphins is just part of the fun, there is a lot of other marine wildlife and amazing landscapes for you to enjoy.
Suggestion for the day:
- Take this day as an opportunity to do something unique: get inside a volcano! Make sure you don’t skip a visit to Gruta do Natal, Furnas do Enxofre and last but not least, the famous Algar do Carvão! Descend 90 m (300 ft) down into one of the only volcanoes in the world that you can actually enter and explore! Algar do Carvão is an ancient lava tube and volcanic chimney that was formed approximately 3,200 years ago, making it quite a sight to behold. For the ultimate geotourism itinerary make sure you don’t skip a visit to Gruta do Natal and Furnas do Enxofre.
Book here your Terceira Volcanoes Experience.
*itinerary presented is a suggestion and the length of stay may vary. All tours are suggestions unless specifically stated.
About the Destination
Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities with charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by Terceira island. Classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Terceira's capital city of Angra do Heroísmo is dotted by historical buildings, colorful houses, restaurants, shops, and cafes that you'll love to discover. Head across the island to visit the seaside town of Praia da Vitória to take in the sights: a beautiful black sandy bay, picturesque cobblestone streets and the breathtaking Serra do Cume, one of the best views on the island.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.