Discover Portugal | Madeira, the Azores & Lisbon
Explore Portugal's archipelagos and capital with this amazing air-inclusive travel package!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit;
- This deal enables you to discover the center region of our beautiful country at your own pace, as well as the main islands of both archipelagos;
- Breakfast may be included during your stay at all destinations, depending on the accommodation selected;
- In Lisbon, make sure you enjoy a typical fado show in one of Lisbon's Fado Houses in the famous Alfama district, accompanied by an elegant glass of Portugal's outstanding wine. Also, head to the Elevador de Santa Justa, Cristo Rei and the Moorish São Jorge Castle for some of the most amazing views of Lisbon;
- Nicknamed the “Island of Eternal Spring,” Madeira is the perfect setting for anyone looking to reconnect with nature and experience something truly extraordinary. Boasting mild weather and equally moderate ocean temperatures year-round, Madeira is a unique destination offering an endless array of activities for you to enjoy as you discover the island’s stunning natural beauty--by land or by sea.
- São Miguel Island is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean - the Azores. With stunning lush landscapes, exotic plants, dormant volcanoes, hot springs, and surrounded by clean waters, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for adventure seekers and those looking for an off-the-beaten-path European destination.
About the Destinations:
Lisbon, the cosmopolitan capital of Portugal and Europe's second-oldest capital (after Athens), has now become the new "it" destination for tourists visiting Europe. This is "The City of the Sea", "The City of the Explorers", once home to the world's greatest explorers like Vasco da Gama, Magellan and Prince Henry the Navigator. Lisbon is also the first true world city, the capital of an empire spreading over all continents, from South America (Brazil) to Asia (Macao, China; Goa, India).
São Miguel Island, the Azores
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before.
Enjoy the island's quaint fishing villages, seaside restaurants, and delicious seafood. Taste a superb meal cooked underground, known as cozido, and sample the locally grown sweet pineapple. There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island, so take advantage of this great vacation package and come have an amazing adventure!
Discover the charming port city of Funchal, a cruise-ship hub and a historical and colorful city teeming with restaurants, cafés, and friendly locals. Explore the narrow streets paved in black and white stones and the city’s colorful and lively markets, and also indulge in delicious Portuguese food. Try the local fish, savor bolo do caco, and sip poncha as you people-watch under the sunny skies of Madeira. Enjoy the thrill of going down a hill on a traditional wicker toboggan, and admire the island’s typical houses and architecture. The options truly are endless in magical Madeira.