The Azores | São Miguel & Flores
Get in touch with nature in the Azores' Flores and São Miguel Islands!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel deal allows you to reconnect with nature, marvel at its beautiful natural creations, and have a wonderful vacation with Azores Getaways. This flight and hotel package deal takes you to two Azorean islands: São Miguel and Flores;
- This travel package saves you the stress of planning everything yourself. Simply enjoy what we have negotiated for you, and don't forget to bring your adventurous spirit;
- We have selected a curated array of the most ideal accommodations in the most highly recommended locations for those visiting the islands for the first time;
- Breakfast is included during your stay (depending on the hotel selected);
- In São Miguel Island, make sure you don’t miss Lagoa do Fogo, Lagoa das Sete Cidades, Caldeira Velha, Furnas Hot Springs, and Ferraria ocean hot springs;
- In Flores Island, don’t skip a visit to Sete Lagoas, Poço do Bacalhau, Poço da Ribeira do Ferreiro, Fajãzinha, Fajã Grande and Morro Alto;
- From Flores Island, you can - and should - easily visit Corvo Island by boat;
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you like by adding more nights to your stay, a car rental, or some other experience to make your stay even more special.
Flexible Package Policy:
- Only €50 to book your trip now!
- All that is required to secure your desired dates and current incredible price being offered for your dream trip is a deposit of €50. You'll then pay the remainder of your trip 30 days before your departure date. But, there's more!
- You can also use our €50 offer for new users as a deposit for your travel package. This information does not exempt you from reading the rules of our Rewards System.
- Cancel up to 30 days before your initial departure date and the refund will be made by the same initial payment method, without questions or complications
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities exuding charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by the Azores.
São Miguel Island
An exotic green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic, São Miguel, the largest island of the archipelago, offers several places of interest that will surely enchant you. Among a plethora of other activities , highlights you can expect include: a hike down a dormant volcano and relaxing on the beach surrounding its lake, a visit to the only tea plantation in Europe, and getting a taste of the delicious locally grown pineapple. You can also look forward to discovering the historical city of Ponta Delgada with its cobbled streets and black and white mosaic pavements.
São Miguel is also a geothermal hot spot, giving you something else to look forward to experiencing, especially on your visit to Furnas Valley. Also among the exciting things you can expect to find on this idyllic island? Warm water to swim in year-round, particularly in one of the natural spas and hot springs found inland, or tucked along the island’s stunning, volcanic rocky coast.
Your trip will also take you to Flores, the westernmost point of the Azores and a true haven of pristine natural beauty. Here, you can marvel at its deep valleys and high peaks, and admire the array of crystal-clear waterfalls and streams around the island.
Flores Island is one of the few official UNESCO Biosphere Reserves in the world, which is a special protection given for natural landscapes. But that’s not the only unique thing about it, as this Azores island is known as the ‘’Island of Waterfalls’’, being a favorite of outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers. The waterfall of Poço do Bacalhau, found in Fajã Grande, is especially perfect to dive in at sunset, when the mountains are illuminated in the background. Also a must-see on your list? The Poço da Ribeira do Ferreiro and its more than 20 waterfalls, which provide a stunning scenescape that will take your breath away at any time of the day, year-round.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.