The Azores | Terceira & São Jorge
Discover 2 stunning islands of the Central Group of the Azores for a fabulous price!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit;
- This is the perfect opportunity to get to know the two most visited islands of the Azores in one trip;
- We have made a selection of accommodations in recommended locations for those visiting both islands for the first time;
- Breakfast is included during your stay, on both islands, depending on the selected accommodation;
- Discover the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira island's verdant valleys, flowers, mountains, lakes and pristine coast;
- Fall in love with São Jorge Island's breathtaking cliff views, delicious regional cuisine and friendly locals;
- You can customize your travel itinerary according to your preferences. Options include: adding additional nights to your stay, car rental, or some other experience to make your itinerary even more unique and special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, as we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers.
Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities with charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by Terceira island.
Classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Terceira's capital city of Angra do Heroísmo is dotted by historical buildings, colorful houses, restaurants, shops, and cafes that you'll love to discover. Head across the island to visit the seaside town of Praia da Vitória to take in the sights: a beautiful black sandy bay, picturesque cobblestone streets and the breathtaking Serra do Cume, one of the best views on the island.
São Jorge Island
São Jorge may be a small Azores Island, but its shape is one of the most iconic of all the islands: São Jorge Island has 53 km of length and 8 km of width. It is home to over 9,000 inhabitants (2011 data), and São Jorge Island’s scenery is dramatically beautiful, filled with mountains that tumble into deep ravines, as well as rocky cliffs, crater lakes, and unique fajãs (plains formed by lava flow). These fajãs are rare wonders especially emblematic of this Azores Island, and they make for the perfect, idyllic places to rest and connect with the abundance of Azores' nature that surrounds you on all sides. Favorites of both visitors and locals alike are the Fajã dos Cubres, which is accessible by car, and the Fajã do Santo Cristo, which is only reachable by foot or moto. Both destinations are incredibly gorgeous.
The fertile brown soil and dark rock striations in the island lend it its nickname, and this Azores island is a particular favorite among those who love the outdoors and adventure enthusiasts. You can do everything here, from mountain biking to canyoning, hiking, canoeing and spelunking. Of course, no visit to São Jorge is complete without a stop at the island’s cheese factory, where they produce the famed Queijo São Jorge, a robust, aged cheese characterized by its spicy, tangy flavor.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.
Check out this article to know the rules & requirements to enter the Azores.