The Azores | Furnas Lake Tranquil Retreat
Relax in the tranquil nature setting of the 4-Star Furnas Lake Forest Living villas on this peaceful retreat
This offer includes:
- Round trip flights to Ponta Delgada, São Miguel
- Accommodation at the 4-Star Furnas Lake Forest Living hotel
- Daily Breakfast
- All taxes
Why we love this deal:
- Tucked away in a peaceful area, deep in Furnas Valley, you'll be transported to a tranquil natural paradise amid the lush trees and mountains when you stay at Furnas Lake Forest Living; just 5 minutes from town and steps from the beautiful Furnas Lake, stay in one of 8 modern and fully equipped Japanese Villas, 4 Oak Studios or 1 Chestnut House at this unique hotel that boasts outdoor pools, lush gardens and ample space
- Explore the mystical Furnas valley, home to the island's best volcanic activity spots; marvel at the bubbling caldeiras and geysers, Furnas Lake with its fumaroles and thermal under-the-ground cooking, and Poça da Beija and Terra Nostra with relaxing natural hot springs
- Hike one of the many nearby nature trails, head out on a paddle board or kayak to enjoy 360 views of Furnas Lake, enjoy a cozido meal or try some locally produced cheese at the Queijara in town
- Head to one of the island's many gorgeous black sand beaches, visit the only industrial tea plantations in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple
About the Hotel
This 4 star accommodation complex is inserted on a 240 acre property, 25mi away from Ponta Delgada and less then 500ft from the Lagoa das Furnas, an emblematic area of the Island of São Miguel, known for its natural beauty. The town of Furnas is only 3.5km away from the accommodation complex.
Furnas Lake Villas consists of 4 Oak Studios, 8 Japanese Cedar Villas (T1) and 1 Chestnut House (T2) (White House) fully equipped. All apartments have large, comfortable rooms with view for the exterior. They are equipped with air conditioning and central heating, TV and free internet access.
The Furnas Lake complex is surrounded by ample gardens and wide, open green spaces, with trails for hiking and horseback riding. It also has an outdoor pool and it is possible to rent canoes for rides on the lake.
About the Destination
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. São Miguel Island, is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, sunny black sand beaches, crystal clear ocean waters, exotic plants, dormant volcanos, and hot springs, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for nature lovers, beach bums, or those looking for an off-the beaten path European destination.
Furnas is a mystical place on the island of São Miguel. Located in an extinct volcano, Furnas valley is surrounded by lush mountains, colorful hydrangeas and exotic plants and flowers. It is home to the island's best volcanic activity spots, Caldeiras with its geysers, Furnas Lake with its fumaroles and thermal under-the-ground cooking, and Terra Nostra with relaxing natural hot springs. In fact, in the quaint town of Furnas there are several places where you can dip your feet into hot thermal water, soak in a warm pool of therapeutic waters or taste its variety of waters from the town's many fountains.
Fans of adventure sports will enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes or ocean, surfing the Atlantic waves or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island. If this isn't tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mudpots, and then enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring gazing at the stars.
There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island. Take advantage of this great vacation package and visit a truly magical place.
Check out our Azores Blog for more informations and tips.