Terceira: Rural Escape
Enjoy a rural getaway to the beautiful Terceira Island countryside!
Why we love this deal:
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a relaxing vacation in the Azorean countryside;
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit;
- You will stay in a local accommodation house;
- Additionally, this travel package includes a rural experience, the Vaquinha Route. You will have the opportunity to see the production process of Vaquinha cheese, the most famous cheese of Terceira Island. Taste this delicious cheese, milk the cows, and venture out of your everyday on this authentic country adventure;
- Discover the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira island's verdant valleys, flowers, mountains and lakes;
- You can customize your travel itinerary according to your preferences. Options include: adding additional nights to your stay, a car rental, or some other experience to make your itinerary even more unique and special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, as we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Accommodations:
Casas Brancas AL
Casas Brancas AL is located in the charming village of Cinco Ribeiras on Terceira Island in the Azores. Nestled unassumingly within a peaceful and quiet area in the interior of the island, the property is only 15 minutes from the center of Angra do Heroísmo and 5 minutes from a glorious bathing area with clear and blue waters to soak and relax within. Guests here will wake up to breathtaking views that stretch as far as the eyes can see, even all the way to neighboring São Jorge and Pico islands. Parking and free Wi-Fi are available for guests, and each room is equipped with a TV, coffee machine, refrigerator and a private bathroom.
Casa do Plátano
Casa Plátano is a lovely island accommodation that consists of two houses connected by a pergola of romantic wisteria, under which guests often enjoy delicious breakfasts. Also on property is a quaint stone pool where you can relax and soak within while enjoying the feast of the eyes that is the local landscape.
Guests also especially love the gardens on the property, which were specially designed to exist in harmony with the surrounding nature. Imagine sitting here in the gardens while listening to the calming the sound of our fountain and simply relaxing as all stress melts away.
Casa das Cinco
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities with charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by Terceira island.
Classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Terceira's capital city of Angra do Heroísmo is dotted by historical buildings, colorful houses, restaurants, shops, and cafes that you'll love to discover. Head across the island to visit the seaside town of Praia da Vitória to take in the sights: a beautiful black sandy bay, picturesque cobblestone streets and the breathtaking Serra do Cume, one of the best views on the island.