The Azores: São Miguel, Pico & Terceira
Discover the magic of the Azores with this multi-island hopping package to São Miguel, Pico and Terceira islands!
Why we love this deal:
- You will have the opportunity to visit three of the most popular islands in the Azores archipelago;
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. Simply pack your bags, and don't forget to bring your adventurous spirit;
- We have made a selection of accommodations in the top recommended locations for those visiting the islands for the first time;
- Breakfast is included during your stay, depending on the selected accommodation on each island;
- Explore São Miguel Island and fall in love with its breathtaking views, delicious regional cuisine, and friendly locals. Hike down a dormant volcano and relax on the beach surrounding its lake. Visit the only tea plantation in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple. Discover the historical city of Ponta Delgada, with its cobbled streets and black and white mosaic pavements;
- Discover the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira Island's verdant valleys, flowers, mountains, lakes and pristine coast. Explore the ancient lava cave of Algar do Carvão, one of the very few volcanoes that welcomes and encourages visits!
- You can customize your travel itinerary as you wish, adding more nights to your stay, additional experiences, or a car rental to make your stay even more special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, as we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities with charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by the Azores.
Marvel at the geothermal volcanic activity of São Miguel Island and its impressive crater lakes. Enjoy a relaxing thermal bath at a natural hot spring. Taste a delicious thermally cooked meal, known as "cozido", in Furnas, home to fumaroles and geysers. Explore the island's many waterfalls and hiking trails, visit Europe's only tea plantations, and taste the sweet local pineapple, grown only in the Azores. On Terceira Island, explore the oldest city in the Azores, Angra do Heroísmo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit a 17th century fortress, and spend the day on a dairy farm and taste the local cheese. Dip into the natural swimming pools of Biscoitos, or trek around the protected natural park of Monte Brasil.
Also to look forward to is a visit to the UNESCO protected vineyards of Pico Island. You can also climb the highest mountain in Portugal or simply admire its grandeur from different spots on the island. Visit the interesting Whaling Museum and learn about the island's rich history and past whale-hunting tradition. Taste the island´s exquisite local wines and varied liqueurs. With this special travel package, you will surely fall in love with each of these unique islands filled with beauty, charm, and pristine nature.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.