Portugal | Porto & The Azores
Visit the charming riverside city of Porto and stopover to São Miguel Island in the Azores!
Why we love this deal:
- Take advantage of this great vacation package and visit two wonderful places!
- Explore São Miguel Island's breathtaking views, enjoy the delicious regional cuisine and mingle with the friendly locals! Go whale watching, discover the island by hiking its gorgeous trails, and relax on a black sandy beach;
- Discover the historical city of Ponta Delgada with its cobbled streets and black and white mosaic pavements, visit the only tea plantation in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple, and enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring;
- Take a walk down to the Ribeira district, a UNESCO World Heritage site and experience the historical side of Porto with all of its famous history dating back hundreds of years;
- Explore the cellars of well-known port lodges and taste this exquisite drink, and go on a boat cruise on the Douro River and marvel at its stunning landscape;
- Breakfast may be included during your stay, on both destinations, depending on the accommodation selected;
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit.
About the Destination
This unique flight and hotel deal takes you to two amazing and distinct Portuguese destinations: the city of Porto and São Miguel Island, in the Azores.
The New York Times says: "From its stunning Beaux-Arts station to its cool bars serving Porto's signature drink, this charming city combines the best of old and new." Porto is indeed a city of endless charms that combine a rich history, old buildings covered in colorful azulejos (hand-painted tiles), modern architecture, a picturesque river front, and a high-spirited atmosphere that celebrates the joy of life.
Built along the hillsides overlooking the mouth of the Douro river, Porto is a registered UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to the porto wine, produced exclusively on the Douro Valley. With an outstanding urban landscape and a 2,000-year history, what a great place to wander around its alley-woven medieval city centre. Visit the extravagant baroque churches and stroll along Ribeira with its picturesque houses and lively atmosphere.
On the same trip you will visit the breathtaking island of São Miguel, the largest of the Azores. A green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic offering stunning lush landscapes, exotic flora, dormant volcanos, and hot springs, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination after a trip to an urban centre.
Visit the only tea plantation in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple. Discover the historical city of Ponta Delgada with its cobbled streets and black and white mosaic pavements. Enjoy the numerous activities the island has to offer from hiking and canyoning to whale-watching and surfing. Admire the island's vivid volcanic activity and relax in a natural hot spring.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.