The Azores: Terceira Hiking Package
Discover the natural beauty of Terceira with this week-long Azores adventure!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit;
- This offer already includes several biking and hiking tours, a total of 5 days full of adventure (see the full itinerary below);
- It includes a jeep tour; a full day of hiking, and two half-days and a full day of biking through the rest of the natural landscapes of this fantastic island;
- We give you the possibility to choose your favorite accommodation from the selection of hotels we have prepared for you;
- Breakfast is included during your stay, depending on the accommodation selected;
- Transfers to and from the airport are also included;
- Hike in the coast or in the center of the island and ride in one of the biggest volcanic craters in the Azores;
- Discover the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira island’s verdant valleys, lush forests, endemic vegetation, mountains and coast;
- You can customize your travel itinerary according to your preferences. Options include: adding additional nights to your stay, car rental, or some other experience to make your itinerary even more unique and special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, as we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Destination:
Terceira Island is a favorite among travelers who fly out of Boston to Azores. or from Toronto to Azores. Not only is it closer, but it is also a very unique island, where you can spend a full week at least without ever getting bored or running out of new things to do and see. There’s a reason why people say the Azores have ‘’Eight islands and an amusement park’’, and guess which island they are calling the amusement park? Terceira Island, of course! Now if that doesn’t make you want to come and see what all the fun fuss is about for yourself, we don’t know what will!
Nearly 56,500 people call this beautiful island home (2011 data). Terceira is the perfect Azores island for those seeking a relaxing but active vacation, with outdoor adventures galore never more than a 20-minute drive away. Besides its dozens of gorgeous natural swimming pools to dive in during the summer, Terceira Island also has plentiful choices for enjoying yourself during the winter. Terceira Island is also home to the Azores’ most iconic patchwork landscapes -- gorgeous scenery reminiscent of the Irish and Icelandic countrysides -- and to one of the only lava tubes in the world that you can actually visit and see up-close and personal. Terceira Island is also home to the only official UNESCO city in the Azores Islands, Angra do Heroísmo! This charming city is the most picturesque and beautiful one in all of the Azores. Other famous sights that are must-sees in Terceira Island are Monte Brasil, Serra do Cume, and Lagoa das Patas, just to name a few. But there are so many more you won’t want to miss!
The immensely rich culture of Terceira Island also makes a visit to the Azores an unforgettable experience. There is always some popular festivity going on in the streets of Terceira Island year-round, and with the locals being so welcoming and friendly, you can always feel free to join in the fun and revelry! You can also look forward to visiting local artisans shops which will give you a more intimate and personal glimpse into the amazing Azores culture of this particular island. Azores Getaways has its own local tour guides in Terceira island, so you’ll be assured to be in the best company as you explore further into this unique Azorean world.
If going inside an actual volcano is something that’s on your bucket list, start planning your Azores getaway to Terceira Island with this amazing Azores travel deal! Highlights include the Algar do Carvão, an ancient volcanic cave that you can actually walk inside, and which is home to some of the largest stalactites in the world -- all of which will leave you speechless and in utter awe. And if the thought of strolling around city streets that remind you of the colorful and cute thoroughfares in Cuba appeals to you, then Terceira Island and its UNESCO World Heritage city are the perfect fit for you! Angra do Heroísmo is filled with gorgeous Renaissance buildings with colorful facades and quaint, cobbled streets that ooze charm. Are you a fan of great food and wine? Terceira Island has that, too, by the platefuls. You could say Terceira has it all!
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more information and tips.