The Azores | Pico's Rural Escape
Experience the Azores like a local with this countryside Pico getaway!
Why we love this deal:
- This travel package takes the stress out of having to plan everything yourself. All you have to do is pack your bags and bring your adventurous spirit;
- Choose your favorite accommodation from Adega do Canto and Adega do Pico;
- Wander around Criação Velha, a well preserved wine growing area, and marvel at its intact vineyard landscape and culture while tasting the local wines and admiring the construction of typical black basalt rock houses;
- Learn about Pico's rich history and traditions by visiting the Wine Museum and the Whaler's Museum and discover Pico's long wine-making tradition dating back to the 15th century and its past whale-hunting customs;
- Return to the beauty of nature unobstructed by city centers and light pollution. Gaze at the starry Azorean sky, relax sipping the exquisite local wine and tasting the delicious cuisine, and enjoy the great views around you;
- While you're at Pico Island you may visit Faial Island too, since there is an hourly connection by boat that takes you there in approximately half an hour;
- You can customize your travel itinerary according to your preferences. Options include: adding additional nights to your stay, car rental, or some other experience to make your itinerary even more unique and special;
- You won't have to worry about anything, as we have taken care of everything for you.
About the Accommodations:
Adega do Canto
The Adega do Canto is a country house enrolled in the Rural Tourism Association of the Azores. It is situated in the Lugar do Canto, in the small village of Santo Amaro, district of São Roque do Pico. This area is a small nucleus of vineyards and wineries near the sea, in the Baía do Canto: an appropriate place for those in search of a peaceful holiday, in a rural environment, where you can enjoy nature and carry out activities connected to the countryside and the sea. The neighboring island of São Jorge is within sight, as well as the cliff that unites Canto to the fajã of Baixa da Ribeirinha. It is a quiet place, with little traffic and very appreciated by those that visit it.
Adegas do Pico
Nestling between the blue of the sea and the green of the mountains, you can find Adegas do Pico the perfect place for nature lovers.
Facing the beautiful sunsets and sunrises of Pico Island, Azores, this stone-built house offers an innocent, simple and traditional decor, providing a relaxed and worry-free stay.
The calming sound of the waves will wash away the stress and tension of everyday life. Have you ever heard the ocean breathe?
Enjoy the ocean views from the windows and live the sensation of traveling on a boat. Just live the vacation of your dreams in a comfortable and warm environment!
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. Pico Island, dominated by Portugal's highest mountain-the majestic Pico- is an island of unique beauty, authentic customs and traditions, and a mesmerizing man-made landscape protected by UNESCO. With our flight and hotel package we invite you to visit and have a wonderful vacation in one of the most beautiful islands of the Atlantic.
Pico Island is known for its remarkable pattern of stone-walled vineyards (currais) which paint its stunning green landscape, for its rocky lava shores and for the imposing Pico Mountain. Wander around Criação Velha, a well preserved wine growing area and marvel at its intact vineyard landscape and culture. Taste the local wines and admire the construction of typical black basalt rock houses. Learn about Pico's rich history and traditions by visiting the Wine Museum and the Whaler's Museum and discover Pico's long wine-making tradition dating back to the 15th century and its past whale-hunting customs.
Descend into Gruta das Torres, one of the world's longest lava tubes. Climb the highest mountain in Portugal or simply admire its grandeur from different spots on the island. Go hiking, whale-watching, swim in natural swimming pools and admire the island's spectacular coastal setting.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.