The Azores | Terceira for Foodies
Explore Terceira Island's flavorful cuisine and rich, colorful history with this unique package!
Why we love this deal:
- Whet your appetite with these food experiences that will give you a taste of the Azores' history, culture, and culinary traditions:
- City Food Tour: Discover Terceira's rich flavors and history with this walking food tour through Angra do Heroísmo's city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site full of charm, culture and tasty traditions.
- Explore the ancient lava cave of Algar do Carvão, one of the very few volcanoes that welcome and encourages visitors;
- Burn off the extra calories with an invigorating hike or bike ride where you can appreciate the enchanting beauty and unspoiled nature of Terceira island's verdant valleys, stunning coastlines, flora and fauna, mountains, and lakes;
- Breakfast is included during your stay.
- Departure dates are subject to changes;
- Cancellation protection plan available throughout the booking process.
About the Destination
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. The Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before. Striking the perfect balance between lush volcanic landscapes and seaside cities with charming European vibes, you will be pleasantly surprised by Terceira island. Classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Terceira's capital city of Angra do Heroísmo is dotted with historical buildings, colorful houses, restaurants, shops, and cafes that you'll love to discover. Head across the island to visit the seaside town of Praia da Vitória to take in the sights: a beautiful black sandy bay, picturesque cobblestone streets and the breathtaking Serra do Cume, one of the best views on the island.
Check out our Azores Travel Guide for more informations and tips.