The Azores | São Miguel Off-Road Explorer
Head off the beaten path and explore the roads less traveled in São Miguel!
Why we love this deal:
- This adventurous tour package includes 3 fun-filled experiences:
- Full-Day Adventure Tour of Sete Cidades & Pineapple Plantations: The most remarkable off-road tour of the island is definitely the Western Tour, where you can admire not only the western part of the island but also one of São Miguel’s highlights: Sete Cidades! Includes stop at all the requisite viewpoints for photo ops plus off-roading around the perimeter of the crater lakes.
- Full-Day Tour of Furnas & Thermal Bath: Head to the north coast to take in the views and visit Europe's only tea plantations before making your way to Furnas where you'll enjoy a delicious cozido lunch, a dip in a hot spring and amazing volcanic scenery!
- Full-Day Eastern Tour of Nordeste: The best and most exciting way to explore the beautiful Eastern part of the island is through alternative tracks, using off-road circuits! This unforgettable full-day tour will take you on an adventure through beautiful avenues, plateaus, water streams, and combines uneven green valleys with hidden waterfalls and unspoiled nature.
- Hike down a dormant volcano and relax on the beach surrounding its lake and explore the surrounding waters on a whale watching adventure
- Visit the only tea plantations in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple
- Enjoy the Eden-like views from the many viewpoints of Nordeste filled with pristine gardens of colorful flowers
About the Destination:
Often referred to as Europe's “Best Kept Secret”, the Azores have become an increasingly popular destination with year-round appeal for travelers. Just four hours from Boston, the Azores are now easier to access and explore than ever before.São Miguel Island is a beautiful green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. With stunning lush landscapes, exotic plants, dormant volcanos, hot springs, and surrounded by clean waters, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination for adventure seekers and those looking for an off-the-beaten-path European destination.
Fans of adventure sports will enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle-boarding in the beautiful lakes or ocean, surfing the Atlantic waves or canyoning down the gorgeous waterfalls around the island. Go hiking and explore the island's wonders on foot with the mighty Atlantic as the background. Discover hidden beaches and marvel at the many waterfalls around the island. If this isn't tantalizing enough, think about seeing Earth breathing through fumaroles and mud pots, and then enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring gazing at the stars.
Enjoy the island's quaint fishing villages, seaside restaurants, and delicious seafood. Taste a superb meal cooked under the ground, the cozido, and the locally grown sweet pineapple. There are numerous vacation activities to be enjoyed on the island. Take advantage of this great vacation package and have a great adventure!